In today’s society, the cost of treatment has increased a lot. Many people die without treatment due to a lack of money. For this reason, under the initiative of the Respected Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal Health and Welfare Committee has launched a new Scheme Called Swasthya Sathi scheme in 2020 to provide a grant of Rs 5 lakh per family for the treatment of those poor peoples. Under this scheme, it has promised to will provide “Swasthya sathi” health card to the every beneficiary’s family in the state. This card applies to more than 600 private hospitals including all government hospitals. The government has provided treatment for more than 1900 diseases under this health insurance.
Objective Of This Scheme
- To provide completely free medical treatment to all poor people in West Bengal
- Reducing the Mortality Rate Of the State
- To ensure the health protection of every poor and helpless family of West Bengal
- To keep the state Healthy
- Applicant should be a permanent resident in West Bengal
- If any member of the applicant’s family is in government service and receives medical allowance, then the family of that person cannot apply for this scheme.
- If he/she is in government service but does not get medical allowance, he/she is eligible to apply for this scheme.
Full Overview Of Swastha Sathi Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Swasthya Sathi Scheme|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of West Bengal, Mamata Banarjee|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Implementation Date||30th December 2016( internet’s record )|
|Objectives||Providing financial grants for medical assistance in West Bengal|
|Incentive||Medical allowance grant up to 5 lakhs|
|Beneficiaries||All Swasthya Sathi Card Holder|
|Application Starts||Always Open/ CM’s Declaration|
|Process||Offline Registration/Online Registration|
Benefits of The Scheme
- Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs 5 lakh per annum per Beneficiary family
- Up to Rs 15 Lakh through Insurance Mode and beyond 5 lakh to 15 Lakh through Assurance Mode.
- Paperless, Cashless, Smart Card based Service.
- There is no cap on the family size and Parents, from both the Spouse are included. All dependent physically challenged persons in the family are also covered.
- Online Swathya Sathi Smart card is provided to each family on the day of Enrolment. Smart Card captures the details of the family members , Photographs, biometric, address, Mobile Number, SECC ID.
- Aadhar Card
- Copy of Identity Proof-Like Voter Card, Ration card, etc.
- Permenent legal Residence Proof
- Registration Certificate from Medical Organization.
- And also authorized documents given by State Government.
How To Apply
- Step 1: To register in Swastha sathi scheme Applicants have to go to the Official Website of Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2021, click Below
- Step 2: After Clicking, you will be redirect to the Homepage.
- Step 3: if you are using mobile phone then you have to click at first Three dots (menu) which are listed on the corner
- Step 4:Then you need to click on Apply Online option given in the main menu.
- Step 5: Now a drop-down list also appears below Apply Online tab.
- Step 6: Then choose the fourth option given in the list.
- Step 7:That is Form B For Registration under Swasthya Sathi SchemeThen a Pdf format form appears on another page of your browser.
- Step 8: After that, you need to fill in the required details. And also documents are attached with the form.In the end,
- Step 9: Go to Your Nearest Health&Family Welfare daptar and Submit the form there.