Kanyashree Scheme: Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has taken this initiative to improve the living quality and education of girls by providing financial assistance to economically backward families so that girls below the age of 18 are not forced to drop out Of school. the main goal of the project is to increase and support the higher education rate of economically backward poor girls. Many girls have benefited from this project and have become self-reliant through Education. The project has been honored internationally, in addition to India.
Objectives of this Scheme
- To provide financial assistance for girls from disadvantaged families to pursue higher education
- Reducing the rate of leaving school in incomplete
- To prevent child marriage in West Bengal
- To Increase enrollment of girls in secondary education, vocational or sports training
- Helping students to continue their education for a long time
Eligibility Criteria of Beneficiary
- Must be a resident of West Bengal
- The applicant girl must be a regular student in a government school
- The girl must be unmarried
- The total annual income of the daughter’s family should be less than Rs 120,000. However, girls who are particularly Dis-able ( disability with 40 Percent or more ) or are living in a home registered under the Juvenile Justice Act, 2000, or have lost both parents, can apply for Kanyashree even if their family income is more than Rs 120,000 per year. .
Full Overview of Kanyashree Prakalpa
|Name of Scheme||Kanyashree Scheme|
|Launched by||Respected Chief Minister Of West Bengal Mamata Banarjee|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Objectives||To Provide Financial Assistance to the girls For a better life and pursuing higher study|
|Incentive||Rs 750/ per Year(K1-K2)|
Rs 25000 / (One time Grant K3)
|Beneficiaries||Girls Currently Studying in School|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
|Process||Offline Registration/ From School|
- An annual stipend of Rs 750 / – for girls aged 13 to 18 years and a one time grant of Rs 25,000 / – for girls aged more than 18 years.
- In addition, girls who are admitted to the postgraduate level will receive a grant of Rs 48,000.
how to apply
All the procedures for the application process can be done from the applicant’s respective schools, colleges, universities.
In the New update of 2021, Applications for this Scheme can be done through ” Duar-e Sarkar Camp ” in addition to schools, colleges, and universities.